Perfectly Grilling Your Ribeye
February 06, 2017
Posted by Churchill's Steakhouse
Churchill's Preferred Cooking Method
1. Heat a large cast iron skillet on high heat, allow the dry pan to get very hot, (5 minutes).
2. Place a small amount of cooking oil in the pan, (barely enough to coat the bottom of the skillet) and immediately add the seasoned steaks. This will produce some smoke so be sure to have your stove exhaust vents on high.
3. Sear the steaks for two minutes on each side, (do not move the searing steaks during this time), this should produce a rich brown crust.
4. Immediately place the skillet into a pre-heated 350-degree oven for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 119 degrees.
5. Using oven mitts, remove the skillet from the oven and place on the stove top and allow steaks to rest in the skillet for 8-12 minutes, (upon resting the internal temperature should have reached 125-130 degrees, this is the ideal temperature for a perfect medium rare steak.)
6. Once plated, add a dollop of Churchill’s Steak Finishing butter over the steak and serve.